Thursday, April 3, 2008

THIS IS EXTREME!!!!!!

This is the original show open for the one hour syndicated ECW program. Now, for all of you younger readers, let me explain something to you. The show you currently see on Tuesdays nights called ECW is NOT ECW. It is an imitation created by Vince McMahon. I first saw ECW on the now defunct station WPEN. In an era of Doink the Clown and Bastion Booger, what I saw on that show was a breath of frsh air. It was my first exposure to The Sandman, Tommy Dreamer, Francine, Sabu, Rob Van Dam, Raven, and the BWO. Leeman and I often talk about this show open which started with the pulse from "Closer" by Nine Inch Nails and then switched to "Thunderkiss '65" by Rob Zombie. Of course, Paul Heyman did not have the rights to use the music so it is hard to find unedited copies of ECW shows. But, in this blog, via the magic of You Tube, I present to you . . . ECW . . . THIS IS EXTREME!!!!!

No comments: