Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Powermaster Optimus Prime



I wanted to post a couple of pictures of my newly graded and cased Powermaster Optimus Prime. I now own one of only two AFA 85 graded ones out there. Also, there are no examples graded higher than 85. As you can see in the sencond picture, there is no flap crease at all! :) The window is still crystal clear and the styrofoam is as white as snow. I have had this particular Transformer for many years but just now got around to getting it graded and cased. It is a real beauty. This is one piece of my collection of which I am very proud.

10 comments:

Devlock said...

First reply ever!!! BUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Seriously, what are thge scales for grading, and what does the one on your Prime mean?

Chris Johnson said...

Well it goes all the way from 10 to 100. It is extremely rare for a vintage toy to get a 90, 95, or 100. An AFA 85 grade, which my Prime got, is what a toy's condition typically is when it is pulled straight from the factory shipping case. On toys like this, AFA grades on three subgrades and then gives an overall grade. This one got an 85 for the box, 85 for the window, and a 90 for the figure. Here is the link to their explanation of grading . . .

http://www.toygrader.com/gradingscale.aspx

Anonymous said...

YO DUDE IVE BEEN LOOKIN EVERY WHERE FOR YOU IVE GOT THE OTHER ONE SAME SUB GRADES

Anonymous said...

have you ever been offer money for it ? some guy offered me 1500 but i refused.

Anonymous said...

i was feenin when i saw the grade

Chris Johnson said...

No one has ever offered me any money for it. When did you get get yours graded? It is, without a doubt, the best Transformers in my collection. I am very proud of it and would never actually sell it.

Anonymous said...

I SUBMITTED AT FEB. 06 NY COMICCON AND GOT IT IN 3-4 MONTHS

Anonymous said...

i am thinking of resubmitting mine through a different toy grading company they use a different grading scale with 5 diff. sub grades

Anonymous said...

make that six diff. sub grades the company name is csg

Anonymous said...

hey you know what sucks now there are three of them at 85. that sucks. by the way i just saw that error i submitted mine at the feb '07 nycc