Friday, March 21, 2008

Snake Eyes!


I found this image on Aint it Cool News today. Larry Hama, writer of the original marvel G.I. Joe comics sent this image to Harry Knowles. This is the first image of Ray Park as Snake Eyes from the new movie! How sweet is this picture??? You can clearly see the Arishakage symbol on his arm! I cannot even begin to say how excited I am about this movie. To all the folks that would want to crap on the movie because the Joes are now an international team, I say that to many of us, G.I. Joe was never about ra-ra God Bless America flag waving. They may have wanted it to be that way but I never cared one bit about that stuff. What made G.I. Joe cool was Cobra, Destro and the Baroness in Transcarpathia, Tomax and Xamot, Serpentor, the Arishikage ninja clan, the romance between Snake Eyes and Scarlett, Dr. Mindbender, HISS Tanks, and a million other things besides pro Americanism messages. This movie looks to be doing all the stuff that counts right.

No comments: